Sunday, March 11, 2012

Literary Exercise #28: Babe, Lovely

Babe, Lovely:

Babe,
I'm a new man,
when we hang together,
I'm new and young.

Gone are
old fears,
when I would only tell you,
half of what
I meant,
and only half
the time,
when the risk was manageable,
come alive.

You were so confident,
but also scared,
you wanted someone that
would do more than care,
you wanted them to continue,
with no signs of halting.

You didn't know it,
but what I couldn't tell you,
when I only answered questions
with half my heart,
was that you were scared
you'd be left alone,
and I was alone already,
hoping to get out.

Babe, you wake me up,
you make me want to
turn, and flee,
back to normal life.
(you're what I've never
figured out)

I didn't plan on
life
being so sweet,
so soon,
and kind.

No comments:

 
Writing Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory